National Gardening Association's Content and Trademark Policy
Our mission at the National Gardening Association is to empower every generation to lead healthier lives, build stronger communities, and encourage environmental stewardship through educational gardening programs. We fulfill our mission by providing information and support for youth and school gardening programs, home gardeners, and the lawn and garden industry - one child, one school, one community at a time. We use our trademarks (the NGA Marks) to let people know about the programs, grants, resources, services and products (services and products) we provide, which we have carefully designed to meet our high standards. People have learned they can rely on the NGA Marks to be associated with high quality services and products. We want to ensure the NGA Marks remain reliable indicators of quality and source. Your trust in our name and products is of vital importance to us.
The NGA Marks include:
NATIONAL GARDENING ASSOCIATION®
GARDENING WITH KIDS®
GARDEN IN EVERY SCHOOL®
Click here for a complete list of the NGA Marks.
We have developed this Trademark Policy to inform you about uses of the NGA Marks that are permissible and uses that are not. When using the NGA Marks, please follow these usage guidelines:
Referential Trademark Usage:
Generally, you may use the NGA Marks to refer to our services and products in marketing and promotional materials, print materials, and other media, as long as you:
- Follow these Guidelines.
- Do not disparage NGA or any of our services or products.
- Do not imply a relationship or association with NGA that does not exist.
- Use the appropriate notice on all NGA Marks ("®", "℠" or "™") and a footnote indicating that the NGA Marks are owned by National Gardening Association, Inc. :
- [Trademark] is either a registered trademark or trademark of National Gardening Association, Inc. and/or its licensors in the United States and is used pursuant to a valid license.
When Using the NGA Marks, You Must:
- Use the appropriate trademark symbol ("®", "℠" or "™") with the first and most prominent use of the NGA Marks in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material. See list.
INCORRECT: Garden in Every School
CORRECT: Garden in Every School®
- Distinguish the NGA Marks from surrounding text by capitalizing the first letter of the Marks.
- Include attribution legends substantially similar to the following in all materials containing the NGA Marks:
- [NGA Mark] is either a registered trademark or trademark of National Gardening Association, Inc. and is used pursuant to a valid license.
- Use the NGA Marks as adjectives to modify nouns, where the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
INCORRECT: Garden in Every School's grant program
CORRECT: Garden in Every School® grant program
- Comply with quality control terms in any license agreements.
When Using the NGA Marks, You Must Not:
- Use the NGA Marks to cause confusion about our services or products.
- Use the NGA Marks as part of your service or product name.
- Use the NGA Marks as a generic term.
- Use the NGA Marks as a noun or verb.
INCORRECT: The Garden in Every School is a wonderful grant program.
CORRECT: The Garden in Every School® grant program is a wonderful educational resource.
- Use the NGA Marks in the plural or possessive form.
- Remove, alter, distort, modify, dilute, takeoff, abbreviate, create a foreign language equivalent of, or otherwise misuse the NGA Marks or bring them into disrepute.
- Use the NGA Marks to imply or create a false impression of endorsement by, sponsorship by, or association with NGA or its products or services.
- Use the NGA Marks in any manner that would imply or create a false impression of our affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
- Use any other trademark, service mark, trade name, logo, symbol or device (collectively, "Other Mark") in combination with the NGA Marks.
- Adopt or use any Other Mark that is similar to or likely to cause confusion with the NGA Marks in terms of appearance, meaning, pronunciation, or overall commercial impression.
- Use the NGA Marks in any way that disparages NGA or our products or services.
- Use the NGA Marks in connection with goods or services that, in our sole discretion, may diminish goodwill in the NGA Marks.
- Use the NGA Marks in connection with any unlawful activities or to encourage unlawful activities.
If you are using the NGA Marks pursuant to a license agreement, there may be additional usage requirements. If you are unsure whether you need a license agreement, please contact NGA.
We may update this Trademark Policy without notice, in our sole discretion, and you need to comply with the most current Trademark Policy. For the most current Trademark Policy, click here.
Please contact us if you have any question about this Policy.
Thank you for following these guidelines and helping us maintain the integrity of the NGA Marks.